8.3.11

Shrove Tuesday

It's pancake day!

I arrived at my first Shrove Tuesday Pancake Party at a friend's flat in Notting Hill. The copious amounts of champagne, orange juice and syrup I consumed were simply lubricant for the stacks of fluffy pancakes I devoured. A man actually approached me to ask me about my per minute pancake intake! Here's a list of the pancakes I ate:


Lemon and sugar
Butter and syrup
Berries and syrup
Plain Crepes
Nutella
Syrup
Bacon


The party was packed with people who were somehow associated with the London 2012 Olympic Games. Some worked directly for the IOC, while others worked for associated vendors. Since they all move with the Olympics to each host city, this entire group of people have worked, traveled and socialized together for years. They were a fun bunch. I guess they'd have to be to distract me from my pancakes!

I hardly even realized that the occasion was considered a last feast where ingredients such as sugar, fat and eggs could be easily finished as their consumption would be restricted during the ritual fasting associated with Lent.

On my way home, I noticed that I had syrup in my hair and on my forearm. Champagne keeps a look like that classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment