10.1.12

Twee x3

Coincidences always give me a burst of excitement. In a strange way, I think it validates my life by convincing me that my actions are just as the world intended and all things are falling perfectly into place. It's dumb, but I can't help it.

So whilst chatting with a friend, I was overcome with amusement when I realized that twee, a simple childhood nickname was actually incredibly expressive of my current condition. Here are the translations for the word twee... 


Dictionary Twee: affectedly or excessively dainty, delicate or cute
'80s Twee: coined by my brother, this was my childhood nickname 
British Twee: a slang term to denote chiefly British behaviors


Actually, I'm the polar opposite of twee by the dictionary definition, but accept that it well appears to be an apt descriptor on the surface. If you ask my brother, he'll claim that I earned the twee title because I was once small, annoying and constantly chirping. These days I'm quite twee in an entirely new way as I live in Britain and have eagerly adopted elements of British culture including tea, scones and football (I used to say soccer). 


How very twee of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment