28.1.12

Watch Woody Woo

Earlier this month, I attended a film series called Wise Cracks at the British Film Institute (BFI).

The tribute to Woody Allen's comedic works placed some of my favourite films on the big screen. What a very special way for me to add a few more of his films to my existing roster. See my updated list below:

1. Hannah & Her Sisters
2. Annie Hall
3. Manhattan
4. Husbands & Wives
5. Sleeper
6. Vicky Christina Barcelona
7. Crimes & Misdemeanors
8. Everyone Says I Love You
9. Midnight In Paris

Woody Allen is unforgivingly honest in his portrayal of life, relationships and all their associated complications. And since the dynamics of social interaction has always interested me, I naturally found his blend of humour and phychoanalysis very entertaining. Not to mention I adore his vulnerability, neurosis and awkward confidence.

In the past, I've even declared Woody Allen as my ideal mate. Comments of this kind are usually met with laughter and considerable rowing, but to me it makes perfect sense. Intelligence, a sense of humour and purpose in life are all things that I find incredibly attractive so of course I want Woody to adopt me!

No comments:

Post a Comment