23.12.10

10 Gales

Once upon a time a woman found herself extremely pressed for time. 

The woman prepared for Christmas by buying all the fixings for a robust turkey dinner, mailing out holiday cards to loved ones and putting up decorations with flair. A few days before Christmas, she also moved into a new flat, attended a conference with her new employer and tried her best to partake in a few holiday festivities (mulled wine anyone?).

Amidst all the holiday hubbub, how can one shop for seasonal styles, get a hair cut, grab a hot bevy or seek cultural enlightenment???

With a stroke of multitasking genius, the woman went to 10 Gales, a vintage store/coffee bar/hair salon/art gallery. Before long, she was off and on with her day as she emerged from 10 Gales with a newly designed coiff, a simmering coco, a pre-loved necklace and a nod to the 10 Gales curator.

Rejoice, O modern woman, in thy time-sensitive glory!

3 comments:

  1. Shelly, we miss you in Canada, never knew you were so much fun, guess it took the Brits to show you up some. HAPPY NEW YEAR, from Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I miss you too Patrick! I'm going to see Wicked in a few weeks because I met a friend who is obsessed with the show. I can't wait to sing Popular! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more thing Patrick, you may have seriously stirred something up in me... You got me started with The Sound of Music and Meet Me in St. Louis, but I just saw The Philadelphia Story (pause... my heart needs to stop for a beat).

    You got anything else for me? Keep the recommendations coming!

    ReplyDelete