20.4.11

London Marathon

The past week had some highs and lows, but was all about running! 

It began with my co-workers organizing a running club. As someone whose run a few 10K's, I joined and expected myself to be a leader of the pack. So I was aggrieved when the group ran so far ahead of me that I was frantically racing to keep up and eventually lost sight of the group altogether. I actively searched for the group for about 5-8 minutes when I thought to myself... These guys are freaking crazy. If I stay low, they won't see me and I can sneak home on the tube - And that's exactly what I did!


Upset about my poor showing and annoyed by the torment I suffered the following morning at work, I decided to run the following weekend in Hyde Park with a friend. We ran a total of 8 miles in 2 hours. In fact, we ran right into the London Marathon that was taking place on Sunday, April 17, 2011. It's the largest marathon in the world so I enjoyed celebrating my redemption with running royalty.


The very next day I signed up for the Bupa Great North Run taking place in Durham on September 18 - the world's largest half marathon. Let's hope I don't get lost then.

No comments:

Post a Comment