28.4.11

Roar

London is a big, bustling city. People are always in a hurry and almost always unnecessarily aggressive to accomplish their end. For example, walking off the tube a few weeks ago, I was accosted by an angry, suit-guy. After stumbling into me, he had the nerve to yell: 

Oye, watch where ya goin' ya fat slag!


Now as shrill as Londoners can be, let's remember that I've lived here for over 6 months now...

As he tried to walk away, I, naturally, lunged over, jousted my finger in front of his face and roared:

Don't talk to me like that at 8 o'clock in the morning! Correct yourself!!!


It was the verbal equivalent to a dragon breathing fire on his prey.

Did it make any sense - "Correct yourself"? Probably not, but I was so riled that I lost much of the composure I normally possess.

I later found out that fat slag is a term Brits use to describe whores. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment