23.8.12

Social Media Rumspringa

I've always looked down upon social media.
 

Preferring to classify myself as one of the "too cool for school" types, the over-exposed social media junkie never interested me much. For me, truly special moments aren't easily captured by film or feed. However, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm under-estimating social media? 

Am I acting Amish by avoiding the conveniences of modern technology? 

As it turns out, the Amish are way more progressive than me! While I choose to dismiss without trial, the Amish embrace the rumspringa. A rumspringa is a phase where young people take leave from their Amish beliefs to explore alternative lifestyles. This experimental period is meant to strengthen the beliefs of those who return to their communities, while providing an outlet for those who wish to deflect. 

It's always important to see things from the other side so I'm going on a social media rumspringa! 

Let's see what side I end up on...

No comments:

Post a Comment