29.10.10

Landing in London

I blew into town at 7:30am on October 23rd, 2010 and immediately rode the rail into Central London.

As I waded through the bustling Victoria station, I was confronted with the fact that I didn't know anyone in this big, busy city. Even more daunting, I noticed that there were no elevators to help me haul my over-sized luggage underground into the tube station (the Tube is London's amazing metro system). Feeling alone and exhausted from a long journey, I screamed when I literally bumped into a familiar face - Sarah!!!

Sarah is an old high school friend I lost contact with immediately after graduation. She arrived a month earlier to pursue her Masters in Healthcare Administration. Always a smart cookie, she introduced me to My So Called Life and Nirvana when all i knew was Beverly Hills 90210 and MC Hammer - Thank god for this woman!

Friend #1 - sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment