30.10.10

London's Green Markets

I love to eat. I'm learning to love cooking.

This has led to my getting very well acquainted with the local growers and markets in the neighbourhood. It's also led to my disappointment as I was accosted for bad behavior at my local Green Market (aka. fresh produce store). 

Ever gone to a grocery store, picked up a plastic baggy and filled it with produce? Well, this is not how it works in London.

Here, the shop-keeper will walk along with you and pick and pack your desired selections. Unaware of this state of affairs, I was received as yet another impatient and demanding American whose wrist should be slapped for over-anxiously rummaging through the produce selections. The apron clad shop keeper at the Green Market closest to my home definitely does not care for me... But he hasn't seen the last of me either!


No comments:

Post a Comment