28.10.10

Moving to London


So for pretty much my entire adult life I've carried with me a desire to live and work abroad. Not a vacation - I spent nearly half a year travelling across Western Europe - but my real life transplanted into a new city.

The plan was clear, yet it never became more than an idea lurking deep in the crevices of my mind. A parenthesis that only garnered serious consideration after vacations or upon meeting expats who had made the move. After a while, the plan got shelved and life went on.

As I entered my 30s, everything seemed great on the surface - promising career, good friends and a supportive family. Life wasn't bad, just a little bland. Interestingly, I'm a huge over-reactor, so I freaked at the daunting prospect of posing the "What If..." question for the rest of my life and decided to move to London! 

No comments:

Post a Comment